MASSACHUSETTS DEED INDEXING STANDARDS
DOCUMENT FORMATTING STANDARDS
Documents recorded after January 1, 2008 must meet the following requirements:
1. Be on white paper of sufficient weight to reproduce in registry scanners.
2. All document pages and attachments must be on paper that is no larger than 8.5 inches by 14 inches.
3. Printing shall be on one side only; double-sided pages will not be accepted.
4. Documents that contain printing, writing or other markings must be sufficiently dark in appearance to be legibly reproduced on standard registry scanners.
5. All printing and writing on a document must be of sufficient size to be legibly reproduced on standard registry scanners.
6. Margins on all sides of all document pages must be of sufficient size to be legibly reproduced on standard registry scanners.
7. The first page of all documents must contain a “recording information area” in the upper right hand corner measuring three inches from the top edge of the document and three inches from the right edge of the document that is free from all writing or printing.