Required Information and Completeness
- All documents must have the property address stated on the first page.
- Deeds and mortgages must reference the certificate number of the deed associated with the property. For deeds, the amount of consideration must be stated in the document.
- Grantees and Assignees: the address of the Grantee (or assignee) shall be set forth in the document.
- Releases and Discharges: include the document number of the affected mortgage or lien document.
Payment and Document Copy Return Requirements
- Filed document originals are retained by the Land Court. Document copies may be requested at the time of filing. The charge for filed document copies is $1 per page (for mailed-in documents, please include a self addressed return envelope and $1 additional for postage and handling).
- Separate checks are required for recording fees (including copy fees) and excise stamps.
- Recording fees must be in exact amount. No change will be given.
- Only attorney's and approved checks will be accepted for excise stamp payment.
Margins and Typeface
- Document Margin Requirements: Top: 2 inches, Bottom: .75 inches, Sides: 1 inch each.
- Print size on all documents shall be not less than 10 Point Roman Times.
Recorded and Registered Filing
- If a document is required to be filed with respect to both recorded and registered land, it should be filed in the Land Court first. Separate checks are required for registered and recorded land.